10 Steps to Achieving your Goals in 2019
Are you one of those people who every year sets the same New Year’s Resolutions. Goals such as: Lose weight, stop smoking, change jobs, learn a language, save into a pension or climb Mount Everest are frequently made at this time of year and often fall by the wayside mid way through January.
But do not despair. There are simple strategies you can follow which will improve your chances of achieving what your goals. By following the 10 steps below you will find that this is finally the year you manage do those things you have always wanted to do.
- Make sure you know exactly what you want to achieve and make sure it is realistic. Ensure your goals have a measurable outcome. Make sure the outcome is under your control.
- lose 2 stone rather than lose weight
- Run a marathon rather than go jogging
- Write a novel rather than become a writer
- Cook a soufflé rather than learn to cook
- Set your priorities. If you have too many goals you are unlikely to achieve any of them. Do one at a time. If you have numerous New Year’s Resolutions, then you stand little chance of achieving any of them. Pick the most important and focus on this one first. This doesn’t mean you can’t have more than one goal. You can have as many goals as you like just focus on one at a time.
- Make a plan. Your goal will seem more real when you write it down and decide how you will achieve it. So, write down the following:
- Write your goals in a positive way.
- What is your end goal and how are you going to get there?
- Small steps at a time – break your goal into small measurable chunks. Better to do one small thing every day than try to do everything at once.
- List the benefits and keep this list with your or copy it and place it where you will see it to remind yourself how great it will be when you have reached your goal.
- Look after yourself. Make sure you eat properly, get enough sleep and take regular exercise. If you are not healthy you are more likely to give up or slip into bad habits.
- Find someone to help you. It is always easier to achieve anything when you are working alongside someone else. If you cannot find anyone make yourself accountable to someone. Get them to check up on you and give them regular updates. This could be in person or online.
- Have a backup plan in case something goes wrong to set you back on track.
- Reward yourself when you achieve significant milestones. Make it something significant and meaningful. For instance, if you are on a diet and have lost a stone instead of rewarding yourself with food buy yourself a new item of smaller clothing.
- Most important. Have fun. Make sure you are not all work and no play.
So, if you are having problems with achieving your goals, hypnotherapy may be able to help. I offer help with losing weight, stopping smoking, confidence building, stress and anxiety. Contact me today on 0770 235 2363 for a chat.
I will aim to get back to clients within 24 hours on working days.
Phone me on 0770 235 2363 or 01275 873362 for an informal chat and for more information on how I can help you. I am based in the Clevedon area and also offer some home visits.
I will aim to get back to you within 24 hours on working days.
*Disclaimer. Results cannot be guaranteed as this is a therapy and each person is unique. All I can promise is that I will do my best to help you.
What can I help?
Hypnotherapy can help a range of issues including the ones listed below:
Fears and Phobias
Insomnia and Sleep Problems
Motivation and Goal Setting
Virtual Gastric Band
and many more……