Quit Smoking for Good
Every year there are campaigns trying to persuade people to stop smoking - National No Smoking Day, Stoptober, New Year’s resolutions, the list goes on. All these are great but sometimes you need a little bit more help.
I was a smoker for over 25 years. I stopped a number of times using willpower always started again shortly afterwards. Working in the health and wellbeing industry and smoking seemed hypocritical so I was determined to become a non-smoker.
I found it very difficult to stop on my own and blamed myself for being weak and having no willpower. Then someone recommended I try hypnotherapy – and it worked. Hypnotherapy helped me to realise where I had been going wrong and that it wasn’t that there was anything wrong with me for not being able to stop smoking but that I had been using the wrong methods. I have now been smoke free along time now. What is more, for the first time I am sure I won’t start again as I have no desire to smoke anymore.
If I can do it then you too can stop smoking. It doesn’t matter how long you have been smoking or how many times you have given up it is possible give up smoking with the right attitude and the right help.
Looking for help to stop smoking in the Chesterfield area give me a call for a chat and then we can book an appointment.
Here are some tips to help you stop smoking:
- Tell everyone you are going to stop. Nobody likes admitting to failure so this will help you actually do it.
- Don’t decide to gives up during a stressful time in your life. You may do it, but it will be much harder.
- Don’t beat yourself up. You are not weak willed because you can’t stop smoking. It is hard, as anyone who has smoked will know. But it can be done.
- Think of other things you can do instead of reaching for a cigarette when stressed or at any other time.
- Start to think of yourself as a non-smoker. Imaging how great it will be not having to go out into the cold for a cigarette or wanting something you are enjoying to finish or break so you can have a cigarette. Think about how great it will be to say. ‘I don’t smoke anymore’.
- Expect to pay a reasonable amount for a stop smoking session. Research has shown that people do not value free or cheap advice and put much more effort in if they feel something is an investment rather than a freebie.
Phone me on 0770 235 2363 or 01275 873362 for an informal chat and for more information on how I can help you. I am based in the Clevedon area and also offer some home visits.
I will aim to get back to you within 24 hours on working days.
*Disclaimer. Results cannot be guaranteed as this is a therapy and each person is unique. All I can promise is that I will do my best to help you.
What can I help?
Hypnotherapy can help a range of issues including the ones listed below:
Fears and Phobias
Insomnia and Sleep Problems
Motivation and Goal Setting
Virtual Gastric Band
and many more……