Lose Weight this summer with Hypnotherapy
Do you dread the summer – all those revealing clothes and adverts for getting a ‘bikini body’!
Its summer time again and if you do not look forward to the summer and welcome the autumn and winter so you can wear baggy clothes to cover up your figure. Well you are not alone.
The reason people gain weight is not because they are lazy or greedy but because of psychological and emotional factors. This can include all sorts of reasons such as:
Guilt – Being told to ‘clear your plate’ or ‘what about all those starving children all over the world’
Stress – At times of great stress good habits are easily broken and it is easy to resort to junk foods instead of cooking.
Loneliness – Eating because we are alone or feeling unloved or as a reward.
Why Summer is a great time to lose weight
In the summer the evenings are lighter, the weather warmer and we tend to feel better about ourselves and the world in general. This makes it an ideal time to lose weight as we are already in the right frame of mind.
6 reasons why it is easier to lose weight during the summer months.
- Nice weather makes it easier to exercise. So go outside and get involved in sports like tennis or instead of going to the gym take your workout outside.
- The sun improves your mood making you less prone to bingeing on comfort food.
- Summer clothes are more revealing – especially if you are going away and wanting to wear a bikini.
- Hot weather supresses your appetite
- An availability of fresh foods makes it easier to eat healthily.
- Light longer into the evening making it easier to be active later in the day.
- Drinking water is easier – try it with ice and a slice of lemon squeezed into the glass
Ok so there are also lots of activities in the summer which could be potentially very calorific – Barbeques, summer parties and weddings, ice creams, cream teas or the sun as an excuse to go to the pub!
6 tips to help lose weight and keep it off this summer
- Cut down on the alcohol. Drink white wine spritzer and gin or vodka and slim line tonic. Another alternative is to have a glass of water in between every alcoholic drink.
- Take up a Mediterranean diet. Eat lots of whole grains, vegetables and lean meat and fish.
- Get outside. Take a walk, try a new sport, do some gardening or visit an attraction or gardens.
- At barbeques avoid the sausages and fattening nibbles and eat lean meat like chicken (without the skin), fish or good quality burgers with salad instead of bread.
- Ban fast foods and cook from scratch. Try salads with lots of fresh produce or steamed fish and grilled chicken.
- Visit a hypnotherapist for help.
Give me a call and find out how I can help you lose weight for good this summer. Phone me on 0770 235 2363 or 01275 873362 for an informal chat and for more information on how I can help you. I am based in the Clevedon area and also offer some home visits. I will aim to get back to you within 24 hours on working days.
*Disclaimer. Results cannot be guaranteed as this is a therapy and each person is unique. All I can promise is that I will do my best to help you.
What can I help?
Hypnotherapy can help a range of issues including the ones listed below:
Fears and Phobias
Insomnia and Sleep Problems
Motivation and Goal Setting
Virtual Gastric Band
and many more……